Halton Hills Child Care Centre works in collaboration with the Ontario Ministry of Education, Ontario Ministry of Health, Halton Region, and Halton Public Health following their guidance and regulations.
Some of the steps we are taking to protect children and families include the follow:
- Parents/guardians must screen child(ren) using the Ministry of Education online COVID-19 School and Child Care Screening at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening prior to dropping off their child(ren). Answering the questions will help you decide if you should or should not go to school/child care.
- Entry into the Centre will require screening for all children, parents, and staff.
- Any child, staff or parent must not enter the childcare space if they are sick, even if symptoms resemble only a mild cold. Symptoms to look for include but are not limited to: fever and/or chills, cough or barking cough (croup), shortness of breath, decrease or loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea, tiredness, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, headache, and a general feeling of being unwell.
- Enhanced hand washing in accordance with Ontario and Municipal Governments.
- Enhanced sanitizing of all toys and high touch surfaces in accordance with a plan developed in conjunction with our Public Health Inspector.
- Removal of all soft toys and equipment that cannot be sanitized.
- No outside toys or equipment (i.e. toys from home) will be permitted. We have reorganized our rooms to ensure that everything available to the children is easy to disinfect.
- No outside food and beverages
- Staff will frequently monitor the children for symptoms throughout the day.
- Children showing symptoms will be monitored and cared for in a specialized area of the Centre. Parents/guardians will be notified and asked to pick up their child(ren).
- Playgrounds and toys will be disinfected.
- Tours of the Centre will be by appointment.
Happiness is happy healthy children.